We build healthy and confident community leaders.
We match girls with strong young professional women in the community for 1:1 mentoring. For 16 weeks, girls and mentors meet under facilitated, structured curriculum and strengthen bonds based on mutual respect and trust. We explore topics such as healthy peer-to-peer relationships, conflict resolution and social justice.
In the second half of the year, students focus on developing stronger relationships with their peers and building leadership skills. Girls meet on a weekly basis, independent of their mentors, for facilitated group work and continue to build upon their foundation. Mentors visit on monthly basis.
According to the National Mentoring Partnership, at-risk students that have a mentor are:
- 46% less likely to participate in illegal drug use
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 78% more likely to volunteer more regularly
- 90% more interested in becoming a mentor
- 130% more likely to hold leadership positions